Energy prices are constantly rising, meaning that electricity costs are becoming unaffordable for many homeowners. Instead of blowing all of your money on electric bills and wasting energy, make some simple changes in your daily routines at home. Here are 5 effective tips that will help you to save money and electricity at home.
- Turn off lights and unplug electronics when they are not in use. Too often we leave lights on when leaving a room. While this is careless and seems like a tiny mistake, it can add up in electricity and money waste! Be diligent about shutting off lights that re not in use, and ply use necessary lighting to illuminate a work space or the area where you are spending time. In addition, even when you a rent using an electronic device, simply having it plugged in uses small amounts of electricity. Unplug these to save a watt and only plug in when you need to use the device!
- Choose energy efficient appliances. Companies are making efforts to create products that work well but require less electricity to run. These appliances like refrigerators, microwaves, and dishwashers are often an investment, but they will pay off in the savings you’ll receive from lower electricity and energy use over time. Be sure to look for Energy Star approved appliances which undergo rigorous tests, requirements and standards!
- Purchase energy efficient windows or seal current windows and doors properly. Insulation is key. Unlike regular, older window models, energy efficient windows are double-paned. This helps to trap outside air before it can impact the temperature of your home inside. The better your windows are insulated, the less energy your HVAC system will need to use to heat and cool your home comfortably, saving you electricity and money!
- Utilize natural lighting more to illuminate your home. Instead of using lights during the day, open the blinds! Take advantage of natural sunlight shining inside. Also, use mirrors as decor in your home to help brighten up the space by reflecting light, reducing the need for electricity.
- Use candles instead of electricity at night every so often. While you can’t use candles all the time, forming a ritual of using them once a week can be a unique, fun way to save on electricity. Candles are soothing, relaxing and quite beautiful at night and will add a cozy, warm feeling to your living spaces. Just be careful and be safe when lighting candles!
Instead of paying crazy electric bills to 123 Electric Service each month, save electricity at home with these helpful, eco-friendly tips! Use candles and natural light whenever you can. Also, install energy efficient windows, choose Energy Star approved appliances, and turn of lights and unplug devices when they are not in use. Implementing these tips is simple and easy, but most importantly effective for saving electricity! The less you consume, they less you pay and you can feel good knowing your reducing your carbon footprint on the environment at the same time!